Sunday, August 31, 2008

Random Things

Well I haven't updated in a wile, so I thought I would post something light.

One of my passions in life is film. I watch a lot of movies, especially since arriving in Texas (Its too hot to go outside). So I thought I would go through a list of some films I watched recently.

Speed Racer: 6.5/10
Originally I thought this movie was going to absolute abysmal crap. I refused to watch it in theatres because of my snap judgment. But I have to concede the movie was good. Don't get me wrong, it was not any breakthrough in film, but it was good. It was aimed towards kids and as a kid movie it was good. It managed to hold a cartoon feel which I enjoyed. It had some likable side characters and it was an overall feelgood throwback to childhood.

Star Wars The Clone Wars: 6/10
I think a lot of people are being much too harsh on this movie. It was made for 2 reasons, to get a new generation of youngsters hooked on the Star Wars franchise and to help George Lucas pay for his gold plated toilet paper. It was not made for the 40 year old fanboys. I am sorry but you guys are creepy move on. That being said, the movie was decent. It was enjoyable and kind of made me feel bad for Storm Troopers. I never thought of them as people in the other movies. In the end Star Wars TCW was a fun kids movie and I look forward to the Saturday morning spinoff that inevitably awaits.


Forgetting Sarah Marshal: 6.5/10
It had its laugh but overall it was not up to par with Apatow's other hits. Also, did I really have to see Jason Segel's dick?


The Dark Knight: 10/10
It doesn't need to be explained. If you've seen it you know. If not, go see it.


Wall-E: 9.9/10
Best Animated movie of all time. There was real emotion, a good plot, lovable characters, a message. I really only took off a tenth of a point because of ^.


Pineapple Express: 7.5/10
It was funny. I laughed through the duration of the movie. The movie itself was not fantastic, but the odd quirky humor made it great. Danny McBride who played Red is one of the best things to happen to comedy. Check him out as Rico in Hot Rod and Cody in Tropic Thunder.


Tropic Thunder: 8/10
Easily Ben Stiller's best movie in years. The best directing of his career. The storyline was silly but good. The characters were hysterical. Robert Downy Jr. has revived his career.


What Happens in Vegas: 5/10
The movie really reminded me of The Breakup, in that it wasn't good. Some funny moments though.

Baby Moma: 6/10
Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are the funniest women in America. If the plot was not asinine this could have been a hit. I'm willing to bet these two will have a huge comedic success soon enough.

Hellboy II: 8.5/10
I just love the visuals Del Toro is second to none in that realm. I enjoyed the plot. I love the character.


Stay tuned for more friends!

No comments: